These moist little dehydrated wellness cookies are packed full of nutrition and flavor.
- Raw: the integrity of nutrition (especially vitamins and fats) are kept
- High in fiber important for blood sugar control, and cardiovascular and digestive health
- High in good fats (essential fatty acids – omega 3 and 6, monounsaturated fats, medium-chain fatty acids, and lauric acids) important for cardiovascular, neurological, and immune health
- High in easily-digesting protein for blood sugar control, and neurological, immune, gut, and musculoskeletal health
- No processed or refined sugar used, only natural sugars filled with immune-boosting properties
- High in vitamins and minerals (especially magnesium)
Preparation time: 15-30 minutes
Makes: 24-30 cookies
|Raw Cocoa Powder||1/2 cup|
|Raw cacao nibs||1/2 cup|
|Protein powder of choice (whey or pea)||1/2 cup|
|Ground Cinnamon||1 tsp|
|All Spice (Optional)||1 tsp|
|Chopped Banana||1 cup|
|Chopped peeled zucchini||1 cup|
|Vanilla Extract||1 tsp|
|Maple Syrup (The darker, the better)||2/3 cup|
|Coconut butter||1/2 cup|
|Whole raw almonds or/and walnuts||1 cup|
|Ground flax seeds, or/and chia seeds||1/2 cup|
|Hemp seeds||1/2 cup|
|Coconut Flakes (Optional)|
- In a food processor, process whole almonds or/and walnuts until finely ground. Add ground flax seeds or/and chia seeds, hemp seeds, and pulse until finely ground. Remove into a medium bowl.
- In a food processor, process raw cocoa powder, protein powder, maple syrup, banana, zucchini, coconut butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and all spice (optional). Remove into a large bowl.
- Add dry mixture (step 1) into wet mixture (step 2), stir in cocoa nibs, and combine well until mixture has a dough-like consistency
- Using a small ice cream scoop, drop 24 to 30 equal portions of dough onto a nonstick silicon dehydrator sheet or chlorine-free parchment paper
- Sprinkle with coconut flakes if desired
- Using the bottom of a plastic measuring cup dipped in water between each portion, flatten to approximately 1/2 inch (1 cm thick)
- Dehydrate at 105 F (41C) for 8-10 hours or until the desired firmness and moistness.
Enjoy in wellness!